Does air purifiers reduce mold and help with allergies?

Most people think that mold in the home is causing health problems. While some may dislike mould, and others find musty smells unpleasant in their homes, many do not believe mould causes any issues. These individuals just want to clean their indoors, have their homes smell good, and feel fresh. What is mould’s truth? Do we need to worry about it or accept that mould is a normal part of life? How big is the problem and can anything be done? Keep reading to find out more about dehumidifier vs air purifier.

Mold in the home is one of our most commonly asked questions. People are generally aware that seasonal pollen allergies can be problematic, but confused about whether mildew and mould could also contribute to allergy and asthma symptoms. In the article below, we explore some issues with mould and potential solutions.

Some people do not know whether air purifiers help reduce the mould in their home. The health risks associated with mould are real. The use of an air purifier in combination with a humidifier can be very helpful.

A dehumidifier will also help to solve the mould problem. Mould requires humidity to grow, and a HEPA filter will remove airborne mould spores. HEPA air filters are effective in removing airborne mould, but if it is embedded or cannot be easily removed (such as the moldy basements), you should use air purifiers.

Nature uses mould to help decay the leaves of trees. Mold is beneficial… but only outdoors. It is bad to have moulds growing in your workplace or home. Mold spores are airborne and can cause a lot of problems in your home, especially when they touch wet or damp surfaces. When they land on moist or wet surfaces, mould spores are left to multiply by creating tiny invisible spores.

As mould particles are too small for the cilia of your sinuses to handle, they become trapped in lung tissue. The cilia usually catch larger dust particles before they reach the lungs. (Some molds are very toxic, and they’re called mycotoxins). Many people experience allergic reactions when moulds are inhaled. They may have runny and sneezing nasal passages, burning eyes, rashes or the general feeling of being unwell that comes with hay fever or colds. It is usually an instant reaction, though it can take up to several hours. Even asthmatics can have an allergic reaction to mould inhalation. As it is common, mould inhalation can affect children, babies, and elderly people more than healthy adults.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *